The Clun Log Company aims to produce high quality logs using sustainable and environmentally sensitive methods.
We continue to promote our ‘least travelled log’ ethos.
- The Biomass Suppliers List (BSL) – The BSL is a fuel sustainability scheme – we are a registered supplier of biomass wood fuel with this scheme. We supply two types of fuel – firewood (logs) and woodchip. Both types are registered and both meet the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) requirements
- Woodsure – is the UK’s only wood fuel quality assurance scheme. A Woodsure certified supplier, such as ourselves, has had their production techniques and products checked and tested and has demonstrated that they can produce and supply a quality product that customers can trust. To quote from the Woodsure website:
“The Woodsure assurance scheme provides woodfuel customers with the confidence that the fuel they purchase will be of consistently high quality and suitable to fulfil the requirements for the smooth, reliable operation of their biomass appliance.”
For more information please see the Woodsure website www.woodsure.co.uk
- Shropshire Hills Sustainable Business Network – as a member we are committed to sourcing our goods, suppliers and services locally wherever possible and have pledged to:
- reduce our impact on the environment
- care about wildlife and wild places
- support the local economy by building sustainable supply chains
- share knowledge and work with other businesses to promote what’s good.
- Cooperatives – we are actively involved in promoting buying cooperatives for our product. To reduce delivery costs (both to the consumer and the environment) our aim is to organise deliveries to several customers within the same area. If you would be interested in forming/joining a cooperative please contact us.